[AusNOG] Telstra mobile down "nationwide"

Petri Ojala petri.ojala at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 08:17:14 EST 2016

Hmm, I just looked at the local regulatory reports and it seems that for 1H16 we are doing about 2.5-3 PB/day here, the three local major carriers combined for 5.5 million people.  Mobile data is uncapped, one of them has tried but pretty much failed to introduce caps (you get 2-20G monthly cap but you can always pay the extra 6€ (9 AUD) for rest of the month and get unlimited).  It doubled from 1H15 and the curve is still heading for doubling the next 12 months as well.

Petri