[AusNOG] How long does ADSL service setup take these days?

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Thu Feb 11 16:54:15 EST 2016

It doesn't mean it still is. If it was very recently connected to a
Telstra DSLAM port capable of the same speed you are wanting, then its
quite likely it should be <24 hours. I wouldn't rely on <30 minutes as
you never know with the big T.

If for some reason the previous tenant had OPEN1, and you now want
OPEN2, but it wasn't on an OPEN2 port, then you'd have to wait for it to
get to the tech's to re-jumper, OR;
If for some reason they were unjumpered due to a wait list and the port
taken (or some other reason), you may have to wait not just for your
turn but for the jumpering again to happen back to the DSLAM.

There are so many IF's to the equation, but barring transposition and
out of ports, it should be 5 days max. I feel you've been given some
other ridiculous figure, but it may relate to port availability or
transposition, and I doubt front line Telstra retail people to really
know the difference and the actual problem.