[AusNOG] How long does ADSL service setup take these days?

Damien Gardner Jnr rendrag at rendrag.net
Thu Feb 11 16:36:58 EST 2016

Depends on if it's an active PSTN service, and if it's already connected to
a DSLAM (whether it be Exchange or CMUX) port.  If it's active, and already
jumpered, 10-15 minutes.

If it's active, and not jumpered, but there's a free DLSAM port, and the
cable ends up in an exchange, then 1-2 hours if it's a light day in the
target Exchange.

If it's not active, or doesn't end up in an exchange, then whenever you can
get a tech booked.

Note: that's based on when i worked for a Telstra wholesaler, and was
actively involved in the provisioning process.  AKA, 4 1/2 years ago.  Has
probably gotten better, or possibly worse, since ;)

On 11 February 2016 at 16:33, Robert Hudson <hudrob at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If I were to apply for an ADSL service on a Telstra copper line, what's
> the estimated time to do the checks/connections (assuming it's on a Telstra
> DSLAM)?
>
> Someone at Telstra's made a claim to me that I think is quite ridiculous,
> but I'd like to go back to them with some data which is harder than me just
> saying "that's bullshit, try again" as the justification for rejecting
> their claim.
>
> Regards,
>
> Robert

Damien Gardner Jnr