[AusNOG] Someone Hijacks Botnet Network & Replaces Malware with an Antivirus

James Hodgkinson yaleman at ricetek.net
Sat Feb 6 10:09:19 EST 2016

The most common response I get with these kinds of things is from
finance people who get all sorts of things and open it "just to make
sure it's in the right place" or similar. The rest fall into "no one
likes to miss out on something" kind of explanations.

James

On Sat, 6 Feb 2016, at 09:05, Ivan Jukic wrote:
> Sure is.

> What I find worrying, is that people are opening attachments to
> unknown, unsolicited emails these days. What is it in their mind
> that compels them to do so? I'm sure they'll call 000 and ask to
> speak to the Prime Minister if a suspicious package was to arrive at
> their door.

> On 5 Feb 2016 22:31, "Mark Prior" <mrp at mrp.net> wrote:
>> This is just so funny...

<http://thehackernews.com/2016/02/botnet-antivirus.html>