[AusNOG] DC UPS

paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au
Mon Feb 1 16:48:27 EST 2016

Hi All, just wondering if there are any suggestions out there for a small DC UPS ?

I need to run a couple of Intel NUC's which require 12V 5W and need something to keep them going for an hour or two should the power go out, preferably looking at DC options as it will be more efficient but happy to consider anything small as long as it's reliable.

I have found some DC UPS's which use Lithium Polymer batteries but am yet to find out if I can get them here, they are actually smaller than the NUC's and will run them for 2-3 hours which is pretty damn good I reckon.

Any suggestions on something available locally and at a reasonable price would be appreciated.

Thanks
Paul