[AusNOG] Merry Christmas

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Fri Dec 23 18:21:19 EST 2016

As the day draws to a close I just wanted to wish you all a very merry and safe Christmas and I hope you manage some downtime over the next week or two.  2016 was a great year for AusNOG and it was fantastic to see many occasions where the AusNOG community spirit came through when people had times of need.

2016 was special for me as it gave us the opportunity to celebrate 10 years of the AusNOG Conference.  It was amazing to be able to get two very busy guys like Steve Baxter and Jame Spenceley at the social, and who’ll ever forget Steve’s speech :)   I think it’s the first time since the original conference that James, Steve and I have all been at the event.

While we crack a cold one and look back on 2016 we are already planning our 2017.  We outlined some major changes to the attendees at AusNOG 2016 and we’ll provide more details in the new year.  We have some great initiatives in mind.

And finally, a quick note of thanks and appreciation to the other members of the Board for their continued efforts.  There’s a lot that quietly goes on behind the scenes and these guys are true supporters of our industry.  Thanks Gav, Mark, Matthew, and Terry.

Enjoy your time with your family and friends and we’ll see you in 2017

Thanks

David