[AusNOG] Internet companies forced to block The Pirate Bay, bittorrent websites in Australia, Federal Court rules

Steve Kurzeja steve.kurzeja at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 11:02:49 EST 2016

On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 12:12 PM, Ross Wheeler <ausnog at rossw.net> wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Dec 2016, Simon Green wrote:
>
> One ISP in New Zealand already does DNS redirection.
>>

> Just because ONE ISP in a small South-Pacific island does it, doesn't mean
> it's a good idea!

More than one small ISP doing DNS redirection, and some large ones too.
Sure it still doesn't make it a good idea,  but it is an effective first
line of defence mechanism for parental control/content filtering purposes.

Among other solutions, I've worked with this crowd before:
https://bypass.net.nz/compliance - they offer a very scalable "DNS based"
filtering service that sits inside the ISP network.

Regards,
Steve