[AusNOG] Internet companies forced to block The Pirate Bay, bittorrent websites in Australia, Federal Court rules

Ross Wheeler ausnog at rossw.net
Thu Dec 15 16:56:12 EST 2016

On Thu, 15 Dec 2016, Nathan Brookfield wrote:

> The Federal Court has ordered internet companies to block five
> copyright-infringing websites, including torrent website The Pirate Bay.

So, the next questions are:
  * who tells us ISPs officially, what we have to block?
  * when do they tell us.
  * does it only apply to the big-few, or everyone?
  * if the previous answer is "everyone", who do we bill,
    and do we have to "trust them" that it'll be paid, or can
    we just send them the bill and not do anything until it is?

The phrase "tilting at windmills" springs to mind.