[AusNOG] Vocus to build Australia Singapore Cable

Luke Mackinnon Luke.Mackinnon at vocus.com.au
Wed Dec 7 09:55:20 EST 2016

Your right… Vocus has always been a good negotiator… we did not want to pay for something if it presented no value to us.

ASC is not a recent development. The Nextgen folks had been working on this project since 2010. In that time they have complete all of the work that effectively handed Vocus a “shovel ready” project.

The reason ASC has such a massive lead over the competition is because we have a mature project with all permits and partnerships in place in all jurisdictions and importantly a compete Marine Survey. These activities cost money, lots of it. Its only fair that Vocus pays for it, but of course we only wanted to once/if we decided to proceed with the project….. clearly we are proceeding. ;)

Cheers,
Luke