[AusNOG] Softlayer tech pls contact re brute force from your network

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 15:03:19 EST 2016

*Or am I just being a stick-in-the-mud old-skewl fart?*
Ross,
Not at all.

In fact, the Telecommunications Sector Security Reform bill is slowly
wending its way into legislation.

https://www.ag.gov.au/telcosecurity

I'm not sure exactly what "establishing a security obligation, applicable
to all C/CSPs requiring them to do their best to protect their networks
from unauthorised access and interference" will mean in practice, but the
point is, there will be an obligation to "do your best". The terminology
strikes me as odd though, because I thought we already did our best, that's
how we get to keep our jobs.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins