[AusNOG] Outage Telstra Wholesale?

Glenn Hocking glenn.hocking at woosaw.com
Tue Aug 16 11:20:36 EST 2016

+1 for up to wholesale customers to ensure they have diverse paths, You really need to understand
what you are buying. Nothing is 100% reliable, but by being smart one can reduce downtime with a
little extra cost.

Since 2005 our network has been down only a few hours total at most, usually due to our own inhouse
technical issues. Uplinks are to 2 separate edge routers with our primary transit supplier which is
about $150 extra a month for the second diverse edge router uplink (not Telstra by the way) and we
have a third totally separate provider just in case.... (Excludes any peering also)

Of course you can shift the blame upstream with issues occur, but really this is putting your head
in the sand in my opinion.

Cheers

Glenn Hocking | Managing Director
Woosaw Pty Ltd | www.woosaw.com.au
Sydney Office: +612 8090 3441 | Mobile: 0420 942 641
PO Box 391 │ Pyrmont NSW 2009  | Australia