[AusNOG] census issues tonight

John Lindsay johnslindsay at mac.com
Thu Aug 11 13:39:05 EST 2016

They sell the analysed, packaged versions of the data.

Here's my theory:

* people who may have been away from their homes staying with people who would complete the Census online that night have moved on, so their data is largely lost. The ABS will have to chase them down and attempt to get them to complete a paper Census or an online form but entering an address that they may not remember and that will not match the 12 digit code associated with their address

* many people are so disillusioned by the ABS that they will answer the questions randomly

* therefore it's no longer a statistically valid sample of Tuesday 9th August 2016

* So any attempt at this point to get people to complete the Census form is just a data capture exercise mapping IP address, street address, name and age.

jsl
mb +61 403577711