[AusNOG] census issues tonight

Simon Green mail at simon.green
Wed Aug 10 15:04:33 EST 2016

On 10/08/2016 2:51 pm, Alan Maher wrote:
> Govt. interaction with its citizens requires a fairly robust and
> secure system to be in place. It would appear that we share the same
> idiots in charge, and the same contractors promising the earth, and
> charging the moon.

In their 2018 census "We are modernising the census for 2018. A key
feature is encouraging self-response using online forms. Completing the
census form online will be secure, quick, and easy. Most people will be
able to complete their forms without a visit from a field officer,
although paper forms will still be available for those who prefer them."

http://www.stats.govt.nz/Census/2018-census.aspx

Hopefully, they will take lots of lessons from ABS's failed experiment
this year.

--
Simon