[AusNOG] census issues tonight

Ben Hohnke settra+ausnog at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 10:29:56 EST 2016

I think with the way the Australian internet infrastructure is set up, I
don't think anycast routing would have had much of an effect. There's only
a handful of peering exchanges, so most of the traffic wouldn't get spread
out across much infrastructure. Anycast works better on country to country
scale, and maybe somewhere like the US where there is a lot of
infrastructure spread out (east coast vs west coast).

Happy to be told I'm wrong by someone who knows more, however!