[AusNOG] Telstra ADSL MTU

Burt Mascareigne Burt at stormnetwork.com.au
Tue Aug 2 21:42:59 EST 2016

Hi,

We have client’s that have this constant problem.  I tweak the MTU to 1400 sometimes… and then everyone works magically.  1492 causes havoc.  I once set It to 1500,  and it worked.. Don’t ask.. I took it to 1450 (I think) didn’t dare leave it on 1500 for ADSL.

We’ve moved away from Cisco to SOPHOS, and there’s no mss-adjust.  We use a TD-8817 in bridge mode.  We have tried other bridge modems, no difference.

What’s people recommendation for us non – cisco souls? Is it the bridge causing this?  Don’t see how, it’s dialler level.  Unless I’m being blond for something obvious.

Regards,

Burt Mascareigne
Mobile 0414 450 962   Office (02) 9965 5422
Address Level 19, 1 O’Connell Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Web http://www.stormnetwork.com.au<http://www.stormnetwork.com.au/>