[AusNOG] Seeking GPON hardware supplier

Matthew Moyle-Croft mmc at mmc.com.au
Wed Apr 20 23:45:49 EST 2016

Inside highrise Cu is much cheaper and people can supply their own CPE - it’s _just_ ethernet and it’s the same CPE as you’d plug into the NBN, just with no CVC, complex provisioning etc.

Friend of mine here in Seattle build a large business doing _exactly_ this - deploying switches, mostly in basements, on an existing DF network.  (see: https://gowaveg.com - was CondoInternet).  Think GigE for USD$80/month.

MMC