[AusNOG] remote power cycle device

Paul Wilkins paulwilkins369 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 00:28:30 EST 2016

Remote power is something of a running with scissors exercise obviously.
Inlining a PDU means your MTBF is whatever it was, less the MTBF of the
PDU. Good luck getting it past security for change control.

That said, APC PDUs are very convenient (eg: PDU AP7954) in a lab
environment, offer SSH access. They come as 1U/2U or power rails. They even
manage HA configuration, where a power group will cycle PSUs on separate
phases.

Kind regards

Paul Wilkins