[AusNOG] Semi-Off-list | Porting NBN phone number to another VoIP carrier

paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au paul+ausnog at oxygennetworks.com.au
Thu Apr 14 15:58:48 EST 2016

The problem with this Joseph is that we aren’t the consumer, we are the provider, and it’s our upstream that is getting the requests rejected, the losing carrier seems to think there is nothing they can do about it and can’t see any issues, the gaining carrier (our upstream) reckons they can’t do anything about it, the TIO is helpless in such cases (I have spoken to them) and I am still trying to get hold of somebody from the ACMA to talk to.

We have a feeling that NBN have something to do with this issue as it’s in an active disconnection area and due to be disconnected soon, but we can’t get anywhere with them either…..

Regards
Paul