[AusNOG] Security Audit Tools - what's good ?

Mister Pink misterpink at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 11:54:27 EST 2016

I would agree Nessus will do this if you do a credentialed scan and it's a
really great tool to have in your arsenal anyway - if you are not currently
doing regular VA's you should because things change and new vulns come to
light all the time.

Dont overlook Microsofts MSBSA (
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7558) it will do
most of what you are asking for free.

There are also the CIS benchmarking tools, but these probably go above and
beyond what you are asking.
The other thing worth checking out is a tool called PAWS Studio (
https://www.titania.com/products/paws-studio) from Titania (who make
Nipper) it is primarily targeted at US Federal compliance requirements, but
there is a free trial, so you can give it shot and see if it meets your
needs.

Eric