[AusNOG] Practical definition of "low impact"

Paul Brooks paul.brooks at tridentsc.com.au
Tue Apr 12 11:13:52 EST 2016

Licensed carrier or unlicensed carriage service provider?

Low-impact is more about outdoor structures. Trenches, cables in the ground, pillars,
and ground pedestals/road-side cabinets less than a certain size.

If you are talking a tower attached to a building, then less than 5 metres high is
low-impact.
overhead cabling is not low-impact, nor is any tower that isn't attached to a building.

For indoor rules, I suspect you aren't looking for low-impact facilities, but rather
you might find some answers in
the Telecommunications Code Of Practice
(https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2004C01081)
G571 Building Access Operations and Installation
(http://www.commsalliance.com.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/2328/G571_2002.pdf)

You *have* looked at the actual Low Impact Determination I hope!
https://www.legislation.gov.au/Details/F2012C00177