[AusNOG] Which NBN RSP are using PPPoE vs IP

Jason Mikronis jason at ausbbs.com.au
Wed Apr 6 11:51:25 EST 2016

Hi Chris,

Forwarding is done like this - PPPoE - AAPT LAC - L2TP - ISP LNS

I have not checked with AAPT, but in a past life, forwarding at the LAC was done without checking passwords based on conditions (realm for example) and then L2F to the ISP LNS. If the L2TP session to the ISP was up, so was the PPPoE session. The only "issue" I can see is potential for too many MACs being presented to a single interface, but there should be no problems designing around that.

It is worthy of more investigation.

Jason