[AusNOG] NSW-IX - Doody Street - Flap?

Benoit Page-Guitard benoit at anchor.net.au
Fri Apr 1 07:15:51 EST 2016

Hi Glenn,

On Fri Apr 01, 2016 at 02:33:14 +1100, Glenn Slaven wrote:
>Not sure if this is related, but from around 9:20pm ADST we've been getting
>connection timeouts between our Sydney AWS nodes and various origin servers
>(we run http reverse proxies).  The issue isn't happening from other AWS
>locations that we tried and is not happening for all origins.  This is
>still happening.

We've been seeing the same thing from our end.

Return paths from AWS traversing NSW-IX appear to be randomly blackholed,
with only certain src/dst address pairs seemingly affected.

Hard to tell if the issue is on the AWS side or on the NSW-IX platform.
Possibly a dead link in a bundle or a bug in the programming of a
forwarding plane along the way..

Regards,

--
Benoit Page-Guitard - Senior Operations Engineer

Anchor Systems Pty Ltd
Level 11, 201 Elizabeth Street Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
https://www.anchor.com.au/ - +61 282965111