[AusNOG] NBNco: "Let's start competing with our customers!"

Greg Anderson ganderson at raywhite.com
Wed Sep 30 17:15:28 EST 2015

So you are basically saying that you are happy to pay the exact same amount
of money or more than likely even more money, so long as it doesn't show up
on your bill under two separate charges?  I find that perplexing.

I for one am glad that they are separate charges.  As a differentiation
factor, I want to be able to pay more or less for my internet connection to
obtain a connection with more or less contention depending on how much I am
willing to spend per month.  If this differentiation doesn't exists,
pricing will be almost the same regardless of who you acquire a service
through, and you wont be able to save money because you just browse the web
now and then vs pay more money because you are running a business and must
have access to the Internet that is consistent at all times because you
will bleed money otherwise.

If my packet loss at home is hopeless on the odd evening I am annoyed and
upset and will try again tomorrow.

If my packet loss at work is hopeless at random times for periods of time
that cannot be defined, staff productivity will grind to a halt and I will
be off home to type my resume.

Horses for courses.

On 20 September 2015 at 13:30, <ausftth at mail.com> wrote:

> > Which means that AVC prices must go up, otherwise how are they going to
> both cover their costs and make a profit
> > (which is a political mandate)?
>
> I'll take a higher AVC if we can do away with the CVC.
>
> Jared

*Regards,Greg Anderson*
Senior Network Administrator   |   Ray White Group[image: Ray White]
T(07) 32312121
Whttps://www.raywhite.com
ALevel 26, 111 Eagle Street, BRISBANE QLD 4000