[AusNOG] Vocus buys M2

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at theispguy.com
Mon Sep 28 12:22:46 EST 2015

Nathan,

Elaborate? I'm keen to understand others views on this deal.

I personally think Vocus have their work cut out for them merging all these
networks together... that said, the engineers of Vocus are sh!t hot and if
any team is going to do it and do it quickly, then Vocus will... but the
network vendors both use are quite different, so it will be interesting to
see what happens over time... there will be a rationalisation of suppliers.

I'm most keen to see Vocus getting a hold of M2's capacity into all NBN
PoI's and how they present that to the wholesale market.... could be good
for a lot of us.

That said... if I was Vocus, I would be going after the corporate space
more heavily... much more cream... but easy to play both sides of that
coin... especially as James will be heading up that side of it afaik.

...Skeeve

--

Skeeve Stevens - The ISP Guy - Internet Provider SME

Email: skeeve at theispguy.com ; Cell: +61(0)414 753 383
Skype: skeeve; Blog: TheISPGuy.com <http://theispguy.com/> ; Facebook:
TheISPGuy <https://www.facebook.com/theispguy>

Linkedin: /in/skeeve <http://www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: