[AusNOG] Data Retention

Paul Brooks pbrooks-ausnog at layer10.com.au
Fri Sep 25 10:39:21 EST 2015

On 24/09/2015 11:36 PM, Chad Kelly wrote:
> This is why it should be moved from the AGD to the Department of communications, as
> the AGD advice varies from what most industry people have told me.
and how confident are you that those industry people know any more than AGD?
> Which is that providers who don't operate their own network are not covered by this,
> but if that is the case, it would leave out a number of providers who co-locate
> servers in DCs that provide them with network connectivity.
...except it has nothing to do with who operates the network. Read the legislation -
its about who provides the services. You may well have the obligation, even if you
have to have a back-to-back with your supplier to do the real work to fulfil your
obligations.

Paul.