[AusNOG] Data Retention

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Wed Sep 23 19:14:55 EST 2015

On 9/23/2015 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> So the noise on DR has died down.  But we actually have 3 weeks left to the
> deadline of where submissions are due to be submitted.
>
> I am very interested to see what the industry as a whole is at in the
> process.
>
> - Have you submitted a fully compliant plan?
>
> - Have you asked for an extension?
>
> - Are you still confused and have done nothing?
>
> - Hoping to get it in on time - but I still don't know what to do?
>

> I know people who think they are in each of the above categories.

All the info is confidential so we can't discuss specifics.
But every providers obligations are different so my advice would be to
talk to the AGD / CAC or an IT lawyer.
I will say though that I doubt anyone's plans will be 100% compliant
first off due to the complex nature of the legislation.
Actually after dealing with the AGD that $5000 bar tab in Sydney would
be a good option.
I reckon something similar in Melbourne would work well.
Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly
Manager