[AusNOG] The next step in "The internet - Australian style" perhaps?

Nick Stallman nick at agentpoint.com
Wed Sep 23 07:19:48 EST 2015

3rd keys are possible right now.
Or rather you have multiple keys to decrypt the actual content key which
changes with every piece of content.

Just like on Blu-ray disks.
Each movie has it's own key (title key), there is then several hundred
different keys, one for each Bluray player model that can decrypt the
title key.
You only need one valid key to decrypt the content, but different people
can have different keys.

And we all know how long Bluray's encryption lasted with such a
convoluted mechanism - about a year before it was completely shattered.

On 22/09/15 21:47, Paul Wilkins wrote:
> We're moving towards encryption needing a government license, just as
> soon as the technology exists for secure 3rd keys.
>
> But I don't think anyone considers removing the encryption for 90 days
> to be workable encryption.
>
> Paul Wilkins
>
> On 22 September 2015 at 21:40, Mark Dignam <mark at innaloo.net
> <mailto:mark at innaloo.net>> wrote:
>
>     What the? <checks the date> Nah, its not April 1st....
>
>     Please,  nobody, but nobody show this to George and the rest of the AG
>     department. They do NOT need any more silly ideas.
>
>     Oh, its already been pulled down for "consultation".

Nick Stallman
Agentpoint Pty Ltd
The Real Estate Web Developers
Melbourne | Sydney | Miami
nick at agentpoint.com
www.agentpoint.com.au | www.zooproperty.com | www.ginga.com.au |
www.business2.com.au

Business2.com.au is a real estate agent information website that helps
you understand Portals, Technology and comes with FREE tools to help
your Agency become an online success!