[AusNOG] Amazon Direct Connect in Global Switch sucking

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Fri Sep 18 14:01:21 EST 2015

On 18 Sep 2015 08:59, "Geordie Guy" <elomis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> We've had direct connect for a while through AWS and Global Switch (we're
a PIPE (so TPG)) customer and got it organised through them.

> Does anyone have one of these and similarly struggle to get any donk out
of it?  We see 2-3% output drops

If you're truly seeing output drops, meaning drops recorded at your end,
that sounds like issues caused by autoneg being switched off.

> and average bandwidth of 400Mbps on an alleged 1Gbps link.  We've moved
it to another terminating device, replaced SFP, conducted shine tests both
directions (-6dB roughly, hunky dory) and the thing just won't GO.