[AusNOG] Long live our new Communications Minister

Seamus Ryan Seamus.Ryan at melbourneit.com.au
Wed Sep 16 11:21:50 EST 2015

Crazy thought.

Anyone on this list (or industry) ever considered entering into politics?

My vote at election time is based entirely on what benefits the industry I work in (ie communications). I have no kids nor family, so most of the other policies are not taken into consideration when I enter the booth. This may be short sighted and shallow, but that’s the way it is for me given my current position. Of course this could change at any time.
If tomorrow I woke up to find an intelligent, respected and well known telco figure had been given the job of Communications Minister, chances are that party would get my vote. This is based solely on the slight possibility that they may have a tiny bit of sway in the party to improve infrastructure for our nation.

Crazy thought, I know.

Regards,
Seamus