[AusNOG] Legal Challenge To Meta Data Laws

Andrew Kitchen a.kitchen at xi.com.au
Thu Sep 10 11:07:24 EST 2015

I haven’t spoken with a legal expert who is specific to this area no not as yet….

However I do have a law background from a Business and Taxation aspect so I do know how law works….

I still feel there is a valid case and I am researching all of this at present and if I find case law to support my argument I will run with it I have a very good track record with fighting the ATO to the point any cases I have taken on for clients and worked with their legal teams to present in a correct way I have a 100% track record so I am confident of my legal ability….

Sure I am not as yet 100% across all aspects of my case but I still feel that using the principal of law and presenting it in a compelling way I have a strong chance considering the government legal teams aren’t that good (well not the ATO anyhow most of these idiots don’t have the detailed knowledge of the law anyhow)…. Very quickly won a case last week where the ATO was trying to wind up a company based on a Commissioners Assessment which we have proven was wrong…. They sort to amend a bankruptcy notice which you can’t do it has to be withdrawn and refiled and even the judge was very surprised about the actual competence of the legal representatives from the ATO so like I said I am used to taking on the government lawyers….

As for judges if you present your case and walk them through it step by step explaining all aspects and you can make them understand the principal of how these laws don’t work they usually rule in your favour especially if they see that the implementation of the law just doesn’t work.

Regards

Andrew

[[image]]

Andrew Kitchen | Business DevelopmentStrategist
PO Box 3279, The Pines, Victoria, 3109
T 1300 789 299 D 03 9909 3102 M 0449 561 461 F 03 8611 7946
a.kitchen at xi.com.au<mailto:a.kitchen at xi.com.au> | www.xi.com.au<http://www.xi.com.au>

[cid:channel_select_87px_225_rgb80c676]  [cid:vmw_09q4_lgo_partner_solution_provider_prode14c0]  [cid:avg_goldreseller_rgb404e87] [cid:propartner_logo_reg_imga32d39]

This email message and any attachments are the property of X Integration. The contents of this email are copyright and may also be confidential and/or legally privileged. They are intended solely for the addressee and it is not intended that either confidentiality or privilege be waived or lost by mistaken delivery to you. Please notify us immediately and delete this communication if received in error. Consider the environment before printing this email.