[AusNOG] A look at the coalitions NBN so far

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 17:27:13 EST 2015

Taking this more off-topic...

Lets just hope Malcolm doesn't listen to Richard Branson:

http://www.afr.com/brand/chanticleer/virgins-richard-branson-pitches-nbn-alternative-to-malcolm-turnbull-20150908-gjhuag

"We will be talking to Malcolm Turnbull about how we can help Australia connect everybody at a price that will save the taxpayer billions," he said.

"OneWeb can come in and give people wi-fi internet access for a fraction of the price than the government can do it with their current plans," he said.

I like how he's called it "wi-fi" for LEO satellite Internet (although I guess satellite is technically "wireless").

Hopefully Malcolm will talk to someone who has a clue before signing up for this plan to "save billions" (possibly even someone at NBN might be able to clarify what it actually is for MT).

regards,
Tony.