[AusNOG] Keyboards...

Julien Goodwin ausnog at studio442.com.au
Fri Sep 4 22:35:53 EST 2015

On 04/09/15 21:43, Mark Smith wrote:
> On 4 September 2015 at 20:05, Mark Smith <markzzzsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 4 September 2015 at 09:13, Joseph Goldman <joe at apcs.com.au> wrote:
>>> Hi List,
>>>

>> +1 for IBM Model Ms.
>
> I forgot to mention. Once you have a Model M, you can throw away your
> home defence baseball bat, just make sure you either unplug it before
> threatening the thief with it, or at least have the long rather than
> short cable.

Amen, if you can't beat someone to death with it it's not a real keyboard.

I used to use a Unicomp at work, but the glares of death from coworkers
eventually got to me and I switched to a Code keyboard (with the "quiet"
Cherry MX Clear switches) which I'm very happy with.

I used to love the Sun Type 5, which despite being membrane was really
well made, and even used the Type 6 (the USB version) which was
crappier, but still better than most generic keyboards for a while.