[AusNOG] Multi-link PPP?

Joseph Goldman joe at apcs.com.au
Tue Sep 1 08:41:00 EST 2015

Have tried it with multiple DSL connections - it can be a pain in the
ass to get the MTU/MRRU settings correct, and I still saw a lot of out
of order packets resulting in very poor performance, using Cisco 7206
LNS MLPPP.

I have had better results using Mikrotik balance-rr bonding over
multiple GRE tunnels between CPE and a terminating router in the DC. Its
adds more levels of management but seems to work better from my personal
experience. I'm pretty sure Fusion Broadband does similar with their
equipment i.e. bonds tunnels over top of the L2 termination, rather than
MLPPP, by the way a supposed staff member explains it (source:
http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?t=1167694)