[AusNOG] NBN Rollout Confusion in Glebe NSW

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at theispguy.com
Fri Oct 30 12:28:35 EST 2015

Hi all,

I'm confused.

I live in a complex in Glebe which big and takes an entire block (over 100
units).  We have 3 addresses on 3 sides of the block.

The complex has Telstra Bigpond Cable and it has worked fine for the 2
years we've been here.

I've heard from the building manager that NBN is about to be installed...
and should be ready in a couple of weeks.

*blink* ?

Firstly, the new rollout from NBN says Glebe area is 2018, but also says it
is HFC.

I assuming they aren't doing FTTH... the internal cabling costs on that in
this place would be insane.... so I assume it is HFC upgrades of some
kind?  I didn't think that NBNCo was actually upgrading anything in the
complexes?

Also, does anyone know if there is someone I can talk to at NBN about their
rollout addressing... as while 2 of our address sides come up in the NBN
lookup tool as coming soon, one of them doesn't... but it is all the same
infrastructure.

...Skeeve

--

Skeeve Stevens - The ISP Guy - Internet Provider SME

Email: skeeve at theispguy.com ; Cell: +61(0)414 753 383
Skype: skeeve; Blog: TheISPGuy.com <http://theispguy.com/> ; Facebook:
TheISPGuy <https://www.facebook.com/theispguy>

Linkedin: /in/skeeve <http://www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: