[AusNOG] ADSL2 DSLAM Connectivity on premise

John Edwards jaedwards at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 10:45:41 EST 2015

The scenario you describe is known as "midpoint injection", you might want
to try some searches for comms alliance papers on the topic. I don't think
you should be doing this without Telstra's permission.

Your best case scenario for the first time someone reports a voice fault is
that your splitter will be bypassed and the end user will be charged for a
callout.

Most of the residences are going to have more than a single pair going to
them - why not avoid the issue by using separate pairs from the MDF for
VDSL and phone?

John