[AusNOG] NANOG gone wild

Mon Oct 26 20:12:47 EST 2015

Seems they're using a script which goes through the archives and
extracts sender and receiver from every archived e-mail.  It then
recreates an email with the same sender and receiver but adapted subject
and message.
Guess it takes just half a day or less to write something like that in
Python or Perl.
So the more you wrote on NANOG, the more e-mail you'll get sent to you
directly. And of course the list will get hammered. I'm pretty sure
NANOG already filtered a lot of messages, and Gmail an additional bunch.
What you see is just some leftovers.

Cheers,

Mat