[AusNOG] Fwd: Internode IPv6 Support

Peter Fern ausnog at 0xc0dedbad.com
Mon Oct 19 15:26:08 EST 2015

On 10/19/2015 15:09, David Beveridge wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au
> <mailto:kauer at biplane.com.au>> wrote:
>
>     On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 13:36 +1000, David Beveridge wrote:
>     > > • Acquire a dynamic /64 prefix with NDP Router Solicitation
>     (RFC 4861)
>     > Note sure about this one, no IPv6 Address is appearing
>
>     I don't get a prefix on the outside interface. There is no technical
>     need for one, either, the link is point to point so the link local
>     addresses are all that's needed.
>
> That's what I thought too, but it is curious that it doesn't work,
> I did try getting my IPv6 address range from the Internode web site
> customer portal,
> adding to my lan Interface and routing 2000::/3 up the pppoe interface,
> however that doesn't work either.

It's been quite a while since I set it up, but I didn't used to get a
dynamic prefix and I can't remember what I did to make it work, but as
mentioned it's not required since the PPP link is point-to-point.

You won't get any routing until DHCPv6-PD is working.  In fact, if you
fail to renew your lease, they'll drop your routes.  Have you dumped
traffic on the interface to confirm requests are going out correctly?
Can you ping the remote side of the PPP connection?