[AusNOG] Fwd: Internode IPv6 Support

David Beveridge dave at bevhost.com
Mon Oct 19 15:09:21 EST 2015

On Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 2:01 PM, Karl Auer <kauer at biplane.com.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 13:36 +1000, David Beveridge wrote:
> > > • Acquire a dynamic /64 prefix with NDP Router Solicitation (RFC 4861)
> > Note sure about this one, no IPv6 Address is appearing
>
> I don't get a prefix on the outside interface. There is no technical
> need for one, either, the link is point to point so the link local
> addresses are all that's needed.

That's what I thought too, but it is curious that it doesn't work,
I did try getting my IPv6 address range from the Internode web site
customer portal,
adding to my lan Interface and routing 2000::/3 up the pppoe interface,
however that doesn't work either.

> > > • Acquire a static /56 prefix with DHCPv6 IA_PD (RFC 3633).
> > Sending IA_PD, no response.
>
> Have you made sure that DHCPv6 packets are not being filtered on the
> outside interface?

Definately no /ip firewall filter rules blocking any ipv6 at this stage.

> Regards, K.

Dave