[AusNOG] Fwd: Google Cloud Platform and the decision on Safe Harbor by the Court of Justice of the European Union

Thu Oct 15 20:45:52 EST 2015

Ineresting point which I didn't think of (if I understand this correctly):

The issue is actually that you as a business could store data with
personal information about others. So if that data gets to the US, that
business is liable.

So to relate this to AusNOG: If you as an ISP store data of European
customers in the cloud or in the US (Let's say, expats, immigrants etc.
like I was), you might actually risk being sued by that customer....

Something to think about I guess.

Cheers,

Mat