[AusNOG] Your private ASs are showing

Rick Carter rickjcarter at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 00:40:15 EST 2015

Some may be hitting a bug like we are at Vocus. From our TAC case, Cisco
have filed bug CSCuh48975 where the BGP command "remove-private-as" is not
removing the 4 byte private ASNs on IOS-XR. I'm not sure if it just impacts
our version we are on or many others, that bug has been kept private by
Cisco. We have been informed to expect a patch, but have not been given any
firm timeframe. We will likely move this back to a private 2 byte ASN in
the meantime.

Regards
Rick Carter
Vocus Communications