[AusNOG] Superloop to buy APEXnetworks for $5.8m

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 8 14:22:09 EST 2015

According to the ASX announcement:

=====Superloop CEO Daniel Abrahams says the acquisition of APEXN allows Superloop to rapidly deploy a managed services capability for its wholesale and channel customers via APEXN’s IT and product platforms.

“APEXN’s platform includes key systems from service qualification tools through to ordering, provisioning, billing, support and network management. This is particularly important as Superloop expands our fibre network in Singapore under Project Red Lion.”

=====

Which sounds like moving from providing just dark fibre to also offering "managed services" over said dark fibre with a customised back end system to support it all as an additional motivating factor.

regards,
Tony.