[AusNOG] list scraping for spam?

Scott Weeks surfer at mauigateway.com
Mon Nov 30 14:08:22 EST 2015

--- mmc at mmc.com.au wrote:
From: Matthew Moyle-Croft <mmc at mmc.com.au>

It could also be unrelated to AUSNOG just to prove that
correlation != causation.

The thing that made me think of the list was what they
wrote in the email "from a Melbourne based...Our team
handles Australian businesses only..." but maybe you're
correct.  My apologies for the noise.

From: Noel Butler <noel.butler at ausics.net>

You dont run any anti spam? This list is whitelisted
with a score of -100 in SpamAssassin, the score on
your email (since you pasted their message) is -91,
meaning it scored +9 , which is double what normal
messages get tagged as spam as, and is my nuke level,
I'd never see that direct to me anyway ;)

Mauigateway is my ISP.  I don't work there and have
no control.  They seem to use everyone.net anyway.

scott