[AusNOG] list scraping for spam?

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Mon Nov 30 12:36:15 EST 2015

On 11/30/2015 12:00 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> Anyone else here getting these?  She seems to be scraping the
> list for folks to spam because I'm not even in Australia.  I
> HATE spammers.

Yes I have received a few of these type emails as well lately.
I just click the report spam button in Thunderbird and it gets sent to
Ironport.
Ironport blocks the majority of spam emails before they even reach the
server its a great product.
I am not just saying that because we sell access to it either.
The guys who make / develop CSF have a commercial copy of Spam Assassin
which has a custom set of rules, but I haven't bothered installing it,
because its a one off cost and its easier to just sell IronPort to
customers who are worried about spam as the system keeps spam from even
hitting the mail server.
Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly