[AusNOG] Current "Best Practice" WRT email size

Chad Kelly chad at cpkws.com.au
Thu Nov 26 18:41:13 EST 2015

On 11/26/2015 4:51 PM, ausnog-request at lists.ausnog.net wrote:
> I keep stats on the number of messages, message sizes, rejects etc, and
> very rarely do we see an email rejected because of size. This is the first
> call I've had about it in probably 5 years.

For my email customers the limit for attachments is 50MB when using Imap
or Pop3, for customers using our hosted exchange service the limit for
emails is lower.
At 25MB.
If you have customers that need to distribute large files, then some
kind of online storage is ideal.
Products like Office365 bundle online storage with email so that can be
a good option.
It all comes down to individual requirements.
But if you can bundle online storage with email your on a winner as the
customer does not need to go and setup multiple services.

Regards Chad.

--
Chad Kelly
Manager