[AusNOG] NBN’s $800 million Optus network might need to be rebuilt

Mark Smith markzzzsmith at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 18:27:08 EST 2015

On 26 Nov 2015 5:58 PM, "Greg Anderson" <ganderson at raywhite.com> wrote:

> Okay Mark, I will fix it for you.
>
> I am blowing up about the 2.5 years it has taken them to achieve zero NBN
HFC retail service delivery.

Still off topic. This is not Whirlpool. That's the place for many minutes
of hate.

> I apologise for the lack of clarity in my original response.
>

> On 26 November 2015 at 16:43, Mark Smith <markzzzsmith at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Imagine how much would have been achieved if the Nazis were in
charge!!!!!!!!! They would have achieved more than nothing in 2
years!!!!!!!!!!!!

threshold. Continue it that way ------> https://whirlpool.net.au)

>> On 26 Nov 2015 4:31 PM, "Greg Anderson" <ganderson at raywhite.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I am blowing up about the 2.5 years it has taken them to achieve
nothing.

scale in NBN 1.0 to Optus as compensation for decommissioning their HFC
network and using NBN as the access network for those services.   I guess
at least this time NBN got something out of the deal.

decommission and bin the HFC network. The renegotiated deal was 800ml which
included the HFC assets at no additional cost.

for that was already signed with Arris some time ago.