[AusNOG] Current "Best Practice" WRT email size

Mark Newton newton at atdot.dotat.org
Thu Nov 26 13:39:33 EST 2015

On Nov 26, 2015, at 1:35 PM, Shane Short <shane at short.id.au> wrote:

> E-mail attachment limits are largely a holdover from the dialup era where this kind of thing mattered. I don't see any real tangible reason to artificially limit the size of an e-mail attachment. If you think there is, I'd be interested to hear what it is.

Some people with access to nerd knobs treat the range between “small enough to show everyone I’m in charge” and “large enough that everyone can get their work done” as an engineering optimization problem.

Personally I’m happy to set it large enough that I never, ever, for the rest of my life, have to have an argument about it. :-)

  - mark