[AusNOG] *OFF TOPIC* NBN’s $800 million Optus network might need to be rebuilt

David Hughes david at hughes.com.au
Thu Nov 26 12:49:47 EST 2015

Gents, this is heading off topic.   Please pull it back to something with operational relevance.

Thanks

David - on behalf of the moderators

On 26/11/2015, at 11:33 AM, Robert Hudson <hudrob at gmail.com<mailto:hudrob at gmail.com>>
 wrote:

On 26 November 2015 at 12:21, Mark Currie <MCurrie at laserfast.com.au<mailto:MCurrie at laserfast.com.au>> wrote:

No…many Australian’s voted for a $43 billion pipe dream and thought bubble dreamed up by a couple of idiots wanting to buy votes, and which would of cost $200+ billion and taken until 2030 or 2040 without putting 100,000 person work force in place if left to the original plan.

Off topic, I know - but how does the current "plan" (I use the term loosely) compare outside of one-eyed political zealotism (ie in the real world)?