[AusNOG] Telstra Backhaul Break - Whyalla / Port Lincoln / Port Pirie

Stephen mailman at tuxcon.com
Thu Nov 26 10:58:42 EST 2015

Hey guys, looks like Telstra has a backhaul outage affecting Whyalla,
Port Lincoln, Port Pirie, and Whyalla Jenkins. We've got a few
customers out that way that also have a Government provided fibre we
could utilise, but it's far slower than their ADSL service.

What I'm wondering is if any of your guys have any further insight
other than "Fibre Broken", which is all I'm able to get out of
Internode at the moment (due to them not having any more info than
that). Just trying to ascertain whether it's gonna be a long outage
(worth switching them over to Government connection) or a shorter
outage. Thanks,

-Stephen