[AusNOG] Fwd: [Internet Australia - members] Net neutrality

James Hodgkinson yaleman at ricetek.net
Wed Nov 25 08:33:05 EST 2015

But the two *are* related - caps and so forth have typically been about
balancing transit costs to the ISP vs availability to the customer.

If the local caching/good peering helps the ISP to reduce
costs/contention on their edges (or traffic within their network,
interstate etc) that cannot be ignored.

James