[AusNOG] Copyright Act 1968 - SECT 115A

Skeeve Stevens skeeve+ausnog at theispguy.com
Tue Nov 24 09:35:08 EST 2015

Julian,

Can you keep updated if the lawyers decide to proceed?

Given you don't have to actually attend court (hence incurring costs - but
I'd sit in the background anyhow), don't they have to prove to the court a
few things anyhow.

Especially since this seems to be a trademark issue, not a copyright one.
I'd let the people bringing the action spend their money in court - don't
defend it as it doesn't really make much of a difference as they have a
test to meet anyhow, and whether or not they meet that test is largely up
to the judge and not you.

The odd thing is... you are a small ISP... and these guys would have to
bring the suit many times over to get any effect.

I'd like to see them take on Telstra/Optus/TPG/iinet to see what they would
do in this situation.  Or... are you being used as a test case..... but
honestly, it seems like a pissy little issue, so likely it is just a threat
and wont proceed beyond that unless they want to throw a lot of money
around.

...Skeeve

--

Skeeve Stevens - The ISP Guy - Internet Provider SME

Email: skeeve at theispguy.com ; Cell: +61(0)414 753 383
Skype: skeeve; Blog: TheISPGuy.com <http://theispguy.com/> ; Facebook:
TheISPGuy <https://www.facebook.com/theispguy>

Linkedin: /in/skeeve <http://www.linkedin.com/in/skeeve> ; Expert360: